You are invited to...
The countdown is on...
When is Snapsheet Summit?
This year's Summit takes place on Wednesday, August 9th and Thursday, August 10th. August 8th and 11th are both reserved travel days for non-local employees.
Where is Snapsheet Summit?
Summit activities take place at our headquarters in Downtown Chicago! Our address is 1 N Dearborn Chicago, IL 60602.
What is Snapsheet Summit?
Summit is an opportunity for all Snapsters to come together and experience two days of in-person development, collaboration, and fun while embodying our value Stronger United. This year was purposefully designed to foster relationships, showcase collaboration amongst our teams, and envision the future of Snapsheet. We also kept in mind some Snapster requests including more time with your teams, increased Executive involvement, and our favorite part, rinse and repeat the fun stuff.
Things to Note:
- Attendance for all Summit events listed on the Itinerary is required unless approved by the Summit Committee and your department head.
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided each day. We will do our best to accommodate all dietary restrictions, allergies, and preferences, and would like to note that at any point if we do not have a meal option that fits your individual diet, we are happy to provide reimbursement for meals.
- Photographs will be taken throughout the Summit, so please be prepared for candid and team photos.
- In an effort to streamline communication, we will be sending email and text message reminders to all Summit attendees in the weeks leading up to and during Summit. See graphic below to sign up!
- We will provide office key cards to access the building.
- This year, we are excited to be hosting a Manager-specific event on Tuesday, August 8th from 2-4 PM CT. This event is reserved for people managers only.
Summit Travel Guide
This year we are excited to host Snapsters at the Virgin Hotel in Downtown Chicago! Located only half a mile from office, the Virgin is a quick 10 minute walk to Snapsheet and close to great coffee shops. restaurants, and shopping.
Here are some other fun perks:
- 24-hour rooftop gym access
- Rooftop access to restaurant and bar for all guests
- No check in times, Complimentary late checkout- based on availability
- Street priced mini bar items so you don’t have to pay $14 for water
How to book your flight
If you were NOT employed at Snapsheet during last year’s Summit, please follow these steps to book your flight:
Email our travel agent, Damone, Damone.Nixon@
- Legal First Name-
- Legal Last Name-
- Date of birth-
- TSA Precheck/Frequent flyer # (if applicable) -
- Preferred home airport -
- Dates of travel -
If you were employed at Snapsheet during last year’s Summit and/or attended the 2022 Summit, please follow these steps to book your flight:
Login to your Concur account using your login credentials. You may need to reset your password if you do not frequently travel for Snapsheet events.
Once logged in, you will be able to book a flight using the flight search widget on the left-hand side of the page.
Here is a useful tutorial that walks you through how to book a flight.
FLIGHT BOOKING GUIDELINES
For those traveling from out of state, we strongly recommend flying in on Tuesday, August 8th in the afternoon-evening and flying out the morning of Friday, August 11th.
Flight costs should be at or below $500 - if your preferred flight is higher than $500, please reach out to your direct supervisor for approval.
How to book your hotel room
We have secured a hotel block at the Virgin which is conveniently within walking distance to the office! Please email [email protected] with the dates you need a hotel room. Snapsheet will cover Tuesday, August 8th - Friday, August 11th. If you’d like to extend your trip to explore Chicago, Mara can book you for additional nights at our room rate. Snapsheet will not cover additional nights unless approved by your department head and the Summit committee.
How to get to the office:
For those located in the Chicago area, we recommend using public transportation to get to the office (i.e. Uber, Lyft, or the Blue/Brown line.)
For those visiting from out of town and are staying at the Virgin, the office is only a quick 8-minute walk! Below is a walking map from the Virgin to Snapsheet HQ:
What Snapsheet covers:
Snapsheet is happy to cover 100% of the fees associated with flights and hotel rooms for all non-local employees from August 8th - August 11th. You will be asked to put a card on file at The Virgin for incidentals as Snapsheet will not be responsible for any damage or loss to your hotel room.
For ground transportation, Snapsheet will reimburse for all travel associated with Summit within the dates listed above. For those driving in from out of state, we reimburse at the IRS rate of $0.655/mile and will cover any fees associated with parking.
Find more information in our Summit Expensing Policy below!
Flights over the dollar threshold require manager approval, for:
- Domestic -- $500
All employees are expected to book flights in economy class for trips under 5 hours inflight time duration. Employees are allowed to travel business class 1-way of their choosing for flight time durations over 6 hours. Note: flight time duration is defined as airtime.
Employees may use frequent flyer benefits, but the use of these programs cannot increase the cost of tickets.
Employees are expected to expense meals (breakfast, lunch, & dinner) on days Snapsheet DOES NOT provide meals. Each employee’s daily allowance/limit is $75.00 on days employees are allowed to expense their meals. Unless approved by management, employees ARE NOT expected to expense meals on any day Snapsheet DOES provide meals for employees.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE ARE GUIDELINES SET WITHIN CONCUR AND DO NOT REFLECT A DAILY PER DIEM PROGRAM. SNAPSHEET WILL NOT REIMBURSE EMPLOYEES IN CASH FOR AMOUNTS BELOW THE DAILY MEAL ALLOWANCE. ONLY ACTUAL BUSINESS MEAL COSTS WILL BE REIMBURSED.
- All meal reimbursements during travel require an itemized receipt.
- Employees dining out together can charge one card/receipt for the entire group. The most senior-level individual should pay. When submitting for reimbursement, all employees in attendance must be listed on the expense item.
- Snapsheet will reimburse reasonable tips, not to exceed 25% of the meal cost.
Hotel and Lodging
Employees will be reimbursed for hotel Wi-Fi, reasonable staff tips, and car parking. Employees will not be reimbursed for non-business expenses that include, but are not limited to: movie rentals, minibar charges or other entertainment (massages, spa services, etc.).
- Unless approved by management, employees should not rent vehicles during the Summit.
- When traveling through urban areas, employees are encouraged to use public transit or ground transportation options such as Lyft or Uber, whichever is more economical.
- Snapsters may submit Summit-related public transit and transportation costs via Concur.
- Local employees are permitted to drive themselves and expense their parking bill(s).
● Airline club memberships
● Athletic and social club dues
● Credit card fees
● Excess baggage fees
● First-class upgrades
● Fines from negligent driving (i.e. speeding tickets, moving violations, or parking)● House-sitting
● In flight purchases excluding Wi-Fi
● In-room hotel movies
● Pet Boarding
● Toiletries or clothing purchased during the trips
How will I expense Summit purchases?
Closer to Summit, we will send communications with instructions on how to submit your expenses. Similar to last year, we will have all employees use Concur to submit expenses for reimbursement.
When is the 2023 Snapsheet Summit?
The Summit is from Tuesday, August 8th to Friday, 11th. August 8th and 11th are designated travel days while the 9th and 10th are designated for Summit events in Snapsheet's office.
If I received an invite to Snapsheet Summit, is it mandatory to attend?
If you cannot attend Summit, we completely understand. While we strongly encourage attendance (since it's so fun), we understand life happens. If you have previous commitments or an emergency happens, just email your Manager and cc [email protected].
What should I do if I can no longer attend or my RSVP changed?
No worries! We know things happen. If you realize that you can either no longer attend Summit or would like to change your RSVP, please let us know ASAP so we can plan accordingly. Reach out to [email protected] for any further questions.
Will food be provided during Summit?
Yes, and lots of it! We will provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner on both Wednesday (08/09) and Thursday (08/10). We will also have snacks and some other fun surprises.
If you have food allergies or preferences, please note it on your individual RSVP so we can plan accordingly.
Can I bring my significant other, parter, and/or family to Snapsheet Summit?
Your significant other, partner, and/or family are welcome to join you in Chicago, however, please note that Snapsheet will not be responsible for any fees associated with their travel or stay. Additionally, Summit activities are designated for Snapsheet employees only. This includes the Summer Party and any team dinner(s) unless otherwise noted by your direct supervisor and/or approved by the Summit committee.
Will my travel and accomodations be covered by Snapsheet?
Yes! Snapsheet will cover 100% of the fees associated with travel and accommodations for non-locals from August 8th - August 11th. For those in the Illinois/Chicago-area, hotel accomodations are approved on a case-by-case basis per your director's approval.
We also will provide daily stipends for meals, Ubers, etc. You can find the full breakdown of what is covered in our Summit Expensing policy.
What should I do if I can't attend both days of Summit?
No worries! If you can only make it for one of the days, please reach out to Kyrsa Galyan ([email protected]).
What time should I arrive to the office for Summit?
We recommend getting to the office between between 8 and AM CST. On Wednesday, the Welcome Team will be ready for you at 8:30 AM CST, and our first Summit event starts at 9:00 AM CST.
What should I wear during Summit?
We have never seen Brad wear a suit, so t-shirts and jeans are okay for the office! We suggest wearing Snapsheet gear, if possible, and comfortable shoes. Casual and comfy are key! 🙂